- Plastic, 3D-printed, adjustable two-piece bracket, holds a float switch and/or temperature probe
- One float switch is included, temperature probe not included
- Ideal for use with the Outdoor Temperature Sensor w/Probe and the Water Level Monitoring Sensor (also sold as Water Leak Sensor 3)
- The bracket, in conjunction with the appropriate sensor, can be ideal for use monitoring water level and temperature in fish tanks and swimming pools. The bracket can be hung on buckets, barrels or other containers with a straight/flat edge or lip no thicker than .5 inch (25mm)
- The bracket can be secured to other objects, such as PVC pipe, using tie wraps or similar methods
- Two piece, wide adjustment range. The bracket consists of a J-shaped bracket and an L-shaped bracket, that interlock to each other, with multiple connection points that allow a maximum length of approximately 6 inches (150 millimeters). The L bracket can be attached in two orientations, to further extend or raise the level of the float switch.
- The J bracket has a wire channel, to secure the sensor/float switch wires. It is notched at three points, allowing for breaking off any excess length
- The included float switch can be configured for normally-open or normally-closed operation, simply by removing the c-clip, then removing the float, turning it 180° and reinserting it, then replacing the c-clip.
- The float switch is intended for use with our Water Level Monitoring Sensor or our Outdoor Contact Sensor (see below). It is not intended for use with powered, 120V, etc, circuits. If using the float switch to control a pump, please use our Relay or Relay combined with a load relay (ice cube relay, etc.) or one of our Alarm Controllers and a 12VDC coil load relay. Contact us for additional product support for this application.
- 3D-printed. Please note, as is typical with 3D-printed items, some cosmetic irregularities max exist, but none that will impact the functionality of the bracket.
The float switch comes with two wire leads. These can be connected to the Water Level Monitoring Sensor in several ways:
- Cut the probe off of the included cable, strip the wires, and splice them to the float switch, using appropriate methods (wire nuts, crimp connectors, etc.).
- Connectorize the float switch wires with a solder-type connector, such as this one from Amazon.
- Connectorize the float switch wires with a screw terminal type connector, such as this one from Amazon.
- Use a headphones type extension cord, if the sensor must be remotely located from the float switch, such as this one, from Amazon.