YoLink Water Sensor 1 Manual
Water Leak Sensor 1 (YS7903): Installation and User Guide
User Guide Conventions
In the Box
- Water Leak Sensor 1
- Quick Start Guide
- 2 x A A A Batteries (Installed)
Get to Know your Water Leak Sensor
LED & Beep Behaviors
Power UpBefore you can use your Water Leak Sensor 1, it must be turned on. (Batteries have been pre-installed.) Press the SET button briefly, until the LED flashes red then green (which indicates it has turned on and connected to a hub and the cloud).
Install the App
If you are new to YoLink, please install the app on your phone or tablet, if you have not already. Otherwise, please proceed to the next section.
Open the app and tap Sign up for an account. You will be required to provide a username and a password. Follow the instructions, to set up a new account. Allow notifications, when prompted.
You will immediately receive a welcome email from email@example.com with some helpful information. Please mark the yosmart.com domain as safe, to ensure you receive important messages in the future.
Log in to the app using your new username and password.
The app opens to the Favorite screen. This is where your favorite devices and scenes will be shown. You can organize your devices by room, in the Rooms screen, later.
Add Your Water Leak Sensor 1 to the App
1. Tap Add Device (if shown) or tap the scanner icon:
2. Approve access to your phone’s camera, if requested. A viewfinder will be shown on the app.
3. Hold the phone over the QR code so that the code appears in the viewfinder. If successful, the Add Device screen will be displayed.
Pre-InstallationSensor location considerations: Before placing and setting up your Water Leak Sensor 1, consider the following important factors:
Common Leak Sensor Application Examples
Place the leak sensor
After you have selected a location for the leak sensor, simply place it on the floor or surface, with the cupped part of the sensor facing up.
Test the leak sensor
Functionally test each sensor. A common way to test the Water Leak Sensor 1 is by touching any pair of electrodes with a damp paper towel, but you may find that you can activate the sensor by bridging a pair of electrodes with your thumb or finger. If you choose to pour water on the sensor or on the floor, be sure to fully dry off the sensor after testing. With the app in hand, and the particular leak sensor in view in the app, test your Water Leak Sensor 1. After the sensor has responded properly (and you’ve dried it off, if applicable), confirm the sensor is shown to be “Normal” in the app.
App Functions: Device Screen
In the app, tap on your Water Leak Sensor 1 icon. Your Water Leak Sensor 1 main screen should be similar to the one shown below.
Tap the three dots (in the upper right corner) to open the Water Leak Sensor 1 Details screen. Your Water Leak Sensor 1 screen should be similar to the one shown below.
App Functions: Alert Settings Screen
App Functions: Alarm Strategy Screen
You can set up notifications in Alarm Strategy settings, make sure you have enabled App, Email, SMS notification from the app->Menu->Settings->Account Settings->Advanced Settings, and verified your email address and added your phone number in the app.
App Functions: Automation
The Water Leak Sensor 1 can be set up as a condition in an automation. For example, you can automatically turn on a fan if the sensor detects a high temperature. This example is shown below. The automation also sends a custom notification (via app push notification, email SMS, or SpeakerHub broadcast) reminding you the sensor detects high or low temperature or humidity.
YoLink Control-D2D is our unique device to device control technology. Using YoLink Control-D2D, YoLink devices can be controlled without the Hub or an internet connection. (Use of YoLink Control-D2D is optional; you can use the Automation feature in the app OR use YoLink Control, but YoLink Control-D2D offers the benefit of operation without the Hub or internet connection.) One device controls another, directly. A device that sends out commands is called the controller. A device that receives the commands is called the responder. Examples of a controller are a Water Leak Sensor, while examples of a responder are a Siren or the Smart Motorized Valve. The following instructions uses pairing your Water Leak Sensor 1 with a YoLink Valve Controller as example.
1. To configure your Water Leak Sensor 1 as a controller, Press and hold the SET button for 5-10 seconds until the LED quickly blinks green, then, release the button.
2. To configure a Valve Controller as the responder, close the valve using SET button or via YoLink app (verify the valve is shown to be Closed on the app).Press and hold the SET button for 5-10 seconds until the LED quickly blinks green, then, release the button.
3. Upon pairing, the LED will stop blinking (this may happen after only blinking two or three times).
When the Water Leak Sensor detects water, the Valve Controller will now immediately close the valve. The valve will remain closed until opened via the app or using the SET button; the restoral of the Water Leak Sensor to normal (no water detected) does not open the valve.
More advanced sequences, controlling multiple outputs (e.g.close valve and activate siren) are available via the YoLink app. To take a look at the smart valve solutions we offer, please visit our Smart Water Solutions page.
3rd Party Services
You can use the Water Leak Sensor 1 to trigger Alexa routines. You must have the Alexa app installed, the YoLink skill installed and connected to your YoLink app account.
1. Create a new routine in the Alexa app.
2. In the When This Happens section, select Smart Home.
3. Find your water leak sensor and select it.
4. Alexa integrates the Water Leak Sensor 1 as a contact sensor, so the available sensor states are "Closed" or "Open" like a set of electrical contacts on a relay, button or switch. The default state is Open. Leave on or change to Closed, then tap Next.
5. For Add Action, tap the + button, then Smart Home and select your device (siren, valve controller, etc.), tap Next.
6. For a valve controller, for example, select On, then tap Next.
7. Review your settings, then tap Save.
⚠️ Always functionally test your new automations and routines!
You can use the Water Leak Sensor 1 to trigger IFTTT applets. You must have the IFTTT app installed, the YoLink service installed and connected to your YoLink app account.
🤔 Please note, IFTTT.com is a paid service, typically offering a limited number of free applets.
1. Create a new applet in the IFTTT app.
2. For the If This section, search and select the YoLink service.
3. Tap Leak Sensor.
4. In the Device drop-down box, select your Water Leak Sensor 1, tap Done.
5. Tap Create Trigger.
6. Tap Continue to save your settings.
7. Review your applet settings, if they are correct tap Finish.
⚠️ Always functionally test your new automations and routines!
Tools Required :
Small Phillips Screwdriver
Tweezers or Needle/Pin or Tack
1. To maintain the watertight design of your Water Leak Sensor, use extreme care and follow the battery replacement instructions closely
2. Do not mix old and new batteries
3. Make sure that the bottom shell and sealed rubber pads are tightly secured. Otherwise, the entry of water into the sensor may cause severe damage.
1. Use a pin or needle, tack, or tweezers to remove the four sealed rubber pads at the base of the device
2. Use a screwdriver to loosen the screws at the base of the device and remove the base. Use care to retain the screws in the base, or carefully set them aside
3. Remove the two old batteries
4. Install two new AAA batteries
5. Close and secure the base by reinstalling and tightening the four screws
6. Reattach the four sealing rubber pads
7. Press the SET button, and observe the Status LED blinks red then green, indicating it is online.
⚠️ After replacing the batteries, it is a good idea to test the sensor.
Voltage: 3V DC (2-alkaline non-rechargeable AAA batteries)
IP Rating: IP68
Dimensions: 2.44 × 2.44 × 0.93 inches (62 × 62 × 23.5 millimeters, L×W×D)
Environment: Working Temperature: 32°F - 122°F (0°C - 50°C) Working Humidity: ≤ 100%RH (non-condensing)
When directed by customer support, and/or as an attempt to resolve a problem with your Water Leak Sensor 1, it may be necessary to perform a factory reset. Factory resetting your Water Leak Sensor 1 returns it to the factory default programming and settings.
This is a simple process: Hold the SET Button for 20 to 30 seconds, until the LED blinks red and green alternately, then release the button.
Factory reset is complete when the LED stops flashing.
Your YoLink products are frequently being improved, with new features and functions added over time. It is periodically necessary to make changes to your device firmware. For optimal performance of your device, and to give you access to any improvements made to your device model, these firmware updates should be installed (added to your device) when they become available.
In the Detail screen of your device, you will see the Firmware section, as shown in the image below. A firmware update is available if it says “#### ready now” (where #### is a four-digit combination of letters and/or numbers).
Firmware is like settings in your Water Leak Sensor 1 that define the overall operations of the Water Leak Sensor 1. These settings are added to the Water Leak Sensor 1 when it is manufactured, and they are periodically updated, as needed, to add improvements, new features, new integrations, etc, to your Water Leak Sensor 1, as they become available. Tap in the Firmware area to start the update. The Water Leak Sensor 1 will update automatically, indicating the progress by percentage-complete. You may use your Water Leak Sensor 1 during the update process, as the update is performed “in the background”. You may see the LED slowly blink green during the update, and the update may continue for several minutes beyond the LED turning off.
🤔 If you experience incomplete firmware updates, please update only one device at a time. If this does not resolve the problem, please contact our customer support department!
Troubleshooting Problem: Sensor is Offline
a) Sensor has not been turned on. Press the Set button to turn on the sensor.
b) Batteries are dead. Replace the batteries. (See above for instructions on how to replace batteries) If this does not resolve the issue, please contact our customer support department.
We recommend checking for and performing any available firmware updates before contacting customer support. See Firmware Updates.
For optimal performance and lifetime of your Water Leak Sensor 1, please adhere to the following warnings:
- When replacing the batteries, only use new alkaline or lithium non-rechargeable batteries.
- Do not use zinc blend batteries.
- Do not mix old and new batteries.
- Adhere to the battery manufacturer’s safety and disposal or recycling instructions.
- Please contact Customer Support before attempting to repair, disassemble, or modify your Water Leak Sensor 1, any of which can permanently damage your Water Leak Sensor 1 and void the warranty.
2 Year Limited Electrical Warranty
YoSmart Inc. warrants to the original user (“customer”) of this product that it will be free from defects in materials and workmanship, under normal use, for 2 years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not apply to devices that have been improperly installed, modified, put to a use other than designed, or subjected to acts of God (such as floods, lightning, earthquakes, etc.). This warranty does not cover neglected or abused products. This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the device, only, at YoSmart's sole discretion. YoSmart will NOT be liable for the cost of installing, removing, nor reinstalling this product, nor direct, indirect, or consequential damages to persons or property resultng from the use of this product. This warranty only covers the cost of replacement parts or replacement units, it does not cover shipping & handling fees. The customer must provide proof of purchase, in the form of the original purchase invoice or order number. The purchase must have been made from an authorized seller.
To implement this warranty please contact us by one of the methods listed on the Contact Us page of this user guide.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Any Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
The device has been evaluated to meet general RF exposure requirement. The device can be used in portable exposure condition without restriction.
We are here for you, if you ever need any assistance installing, setting up or using a YoLink app or product!
Need help? For fastest service, please email us 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call us at 831-292-4831 (US phone support hours: Monday - Friday, 9AM to 5PM Pacific)
You can also find additional support and ways to contact us at: www.yosmart.com/support-and-service
Finally, if you have any feedback or suggestions for us, please email us at email@example.com
Thank you for trusting YoLink!
YoLink Customer Support