- 👮♂️ PROTECT windows and doors, firearms, medicine cabinets, jewelry boxes, important documents, simply by placing this compact sensor on or inside the protected object. Or, affix the sensor to glass or to a lid or door using the included 3M mounting tape. Installs in moments!
- 👀 MONITOR! Many non-security applications including monitoring pet doors, porch delivery boxes, liquor cabinets, entertainment center doors, and any other portable object that you don’t want to walk off! View status and history from anywhere at any time using the convenient YoLink APP.
- 💡 START SMART! Avoid one more needless app on your phone when you choose YoLink over standalone “smart” devices. The growing family of YoLink products includes security, environment, power & lighting, smart locks, thermostats, sprinkler controllers and more!
- ⚙ KEEP IT SIMPLE! (OR MAKE IT SOPHISTICATED) YoLink products are designed to be easy to install or set-up, and easy and convenient to use, for the technophile or technophobe alike! Be up and running in minutes sticking with default settings, or automate and innovate.
- 📡 INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH! YoLink is the only smart home manufacturer to utilize LoRa-based technology: previously reserved for industrial, commercial and municipal applications, now your smart home wireless coverage is complete and long-range, capable of up to a QUARTER MILE RANGE, open air, and penetrating masonry and even metal! Forget about WiFi woes and worries!
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- General purpose vibration/shock detector. Multi-purpose device can be used for many different applications
- YoLink Control D2D allows for the Vibration Sensor to directly control other YoLink devices, without an internet connection
- YoLink's industry-leading long range communication and low-power operation
- Shock sensor (detects impacts, jarring motion or movement to an object)
- Glass break sensor
- Generator-running sensor
- Sump Pump running sensor
- Vehicle tampering theft sensor (anti-catalytic theft sensor)
- Laundry machine sensor
- Semtech® LoRa® RF Module YL09 microcontroller with 32-Bit RISC processor
- Color: White
- Dimensions [L x W x D]: 2.56 x 1.97 x 0.69 inches (65.02 x 50.04 x 17.53 mm)
- Multi-color status LED
- Set button
- Power: 2 AAA batteries (3V DC)
- Operating Temperature Range: -4°F – 122°F (-20°C - 50°C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 10 - 90% non-condensing
- Intended for indoor use only
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?:
- (1) Vibration Sensor
- (1) Batteries Included (Two AAA)
- (1) Quick start guide
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER:
FAQ / FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q: Will the sensor detect breaking glass anywhere in the vicinity or does it just detect vibration from the window it is on? A: Its detection technology is vibration-only, not acoustic or sound-activated. It is unlikely to respond to glass breaking in the vicinity. Please consider placing one of these sensors on each window or pane that you want to protect. And, if that is not practical, consider one of our motion sensors, for protection of a larger area.
- Q: Would a large sliding glass door need two of these? A: Do both doors move? If not, probably, just one on the sliding door should be sufficient. Breaking the non-sliding one should shake the other one enough to activate the sensor. It does have adjustable sensitivity. You can tap or pound on the non-sliding one until you get the desired response.
- Q: If purchased to monitor catalytic converter tampering, how would it be positioned on the cc or on the vehicle? A: This is actually a very popular use for the sensor. I think customers are generally placing it in the trunk or in a pocket of a door.
- Q: Can this sensor (and other sensors) trigger via LoRa hub that will then trigger via LoRa smart siren alarm without having an internet connection? A: Yes. We call it Control-D2D, or Control Device-to-Device pairing. You can pair devices together, for example a door sensor and a siren, or a leak sensor and a valve controller, or in your example, this vibration sensor and a siren, so that the one device will trigger the other one, automatically, without internet, and even without power, in the case of our battery-powered or battery backed-up devices.
"Super sensitive to vibration!"
March 5, 2022
I have it tucked into the car door as a car alarm. It picks up vibration immediately. I set it to be “smart” and speak the message (with SpeakerHub). Happy with it so far!
"Tiny & Mighty!"
February 18, 2022
Every time I buy a new Yolink device I am *shocked* at how small these devices are and yet have such amazing range and flexibility. The vibration sensor is no different. We have a pond water pump connected to outdoor hydrants and I need a way to detect if a hydrant gets left on or if a line ruptures. The vibration sensor is a perfect solution. I attached it to the pump motor with the 3M sticky tape already on the sensor, setup an automation that generates an alert if the pump has ran for more than 10 mins! Thanks Yolink! (PS-You could also tie the automation into one of their water valve controllers and turn the water off.)
"Fantastic Vibration Sensor & Very Easy to Setup/Install (using on my furnace/HVAC)"
February 17, 2022
I was struggling to come up with a way to automatically turn on/off a sanitizing UVC light I installed on my HVAC ducting. I had installed the "REKO Lighting R2000 Air Purifier Whole House Uv uvc Light" (purchased on Amazon) but the unit itself has no switch. The way the unit comes, once it's plugged in, it's always on, which shortens the life of the bulbs and wastes electricity. The light itself isn't serving any purpose if it's on while the furnace/AC is not running (since no air circulation means no air is being sanitized). I had looked high and low for a smart vibration sensor that works with Alexa but didn't find much. I finally came across this YoLink unit and purchased it right away. I've been super impressed with Yolink's products, and this vibration sensor certainly didn't disappoint. If you already have a YoLink hub, adding this unit takes about a minute, and can then run off the YoLink App or Alexa (including routine trigger). If you don't have their hub, you'll need another 5 minutes or so to set one up. Once I added the unite to the App, I simply set it on top of my furnace, and now when the furnace turns on, an Alexa routine triggers a smart outlet to turn the UVC light on. When the furnace is not running, the routine triggers the outlet/light to turn off. It could hardly work more perfectly. I'm now dreaming up what else I could with these units.
I have since bought several other YoLink products and they all work wonderfully, and they have some of the easiest setup I've experienced from any smart products. I called their tech support a few times to run a few different scenarios by them, and I always reached a person within 5 minutes. I hope they keep it up.
Yolink products have excellent range and low power consumption due to the type of wireless tech they use (LoRa). Read up on it. YoLink, if you read this, please give your tech support person a raise. I spoke to the same person each time (which is amazing) and he really knew his stuff. Message me if you want to know who it was.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US