- Audible Notifications - be informed of system alerts and events with your selected sounds/tones as well as text-to-speech messages like “the garage door is still open!”
- 100-in-1 Audible Device! Customizable tones/sounds and custom spoken text-to-speech messages means your SpeakerHub can act as a driveway alert, security siren, water leak alarm, door chime and you’ve-got-mail announcer!
- Private & Secure: SpeakerHub is smart, but it does not have a microphone and can not listen. Be secure in your privacy and safely place this smart speaker anywhere in your home or business.
- The SpeakerHub connects your YoLink devices to the Internet and to the user-friendly YoLink app
- The YoLink SpeakerHub is the gateway to the internet for your YoLink devices (your devices do not use your WiFi or connect directly to the internet
- SpeakerHub connects your YoLink devices to the internet via a WiFi network (2.4 GHz only; typical of most smart home devices)
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Built-in speaker allows for your personalized text-to-speech messages and your selected tones or sound to be played over the speaker, informing you of YoLink system events
- SpeakerHub can provide voice feedback, such as "system is armed"
- SpeakerHub can audibly inform you of system events, without referring to your smartphone
- SpeakerHub can be used with one or more of our Outdoor Motion Sensors, to create a customized driveway alert system. With our smart In-Wall Switches, exterior lighting, flood lights, etcetera, can be activated as well
- When used with our Vibration Sensor, be audibly alerted when the laundry is finished
- When used with our Smart Locks, be audibly informed when a door is unlocked and by whom
- SpeakerHub has many applications for assisting those with vision loss or impairment.
- In addition to YoLink system-related messages, Alexa and IFTTT can be used to play messages on the SpeakerHub, not related to the YoLink system
- SpeakerHub has many applications in elder care, for example. A system of motion sensors and door sensors can be used to track an individual's activity in the home, as well as based on time of day. With door and/or motion sensors, SpeakerHub can help by playing messages such as "Dad, it's not time to get out of bed yet, please go back to bed" (uploading of your custom audio files is coming soon)
- Alexa can trigger your custom messages played by SpeakerHub. This may be desirable in locations where an Alexa speaker is not practical, possible (no WiFi), or acceptable (keep in mind, SpeakerHub does not have a microphone and can not listen)
- Semtech® LoRa® RF Module YL09 microcontroller with 32-Bit RISC processor
- Frequency, LoRa: 923.3 MHz
- Frequency, Wi-Fi: 2412 – 2462 MHz
- Color: White
- Dimensions 2.99 x 2.99 x 0.98 inches (76 x 76 x 25 millimeters, L x W x D)
- Status LEDs (Top):
- Green power indicator
- Red feature indicator
- Blue Internet indicator
- Set button (Rear)
- Power connector: Micro-USB B
- Power: 5 Volts DC
- Operating Temperature Range: -4°F – 104°F (-20°C – 50°C)
- Operating Humidity Range: ≤ 90% non-condensing
- Intended for indoor use only
- 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network, only. 802.11 B/G/N standard
- Smartphone or tablet running iOS 9 or higher, Android 4.4 or higher
- Installation Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderately-Easy
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?:
- (1) YoLink Speaker Hub
- (1) AC/DC Adapter
- (1) USB Cable
- (1) Quick Start Guide
The SpeakerHub is also available in the following starter kits:
FAQ / FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q: How many devices can the SpeakerHub support? A: Your SpeakerHub can easily support 200 devices. You can always add more SpeakerHubs.
- Q: I have an original YoLink Hub. Will the SpeakerHub coexist with my Hub? A: Yes, absolutely.
- Q: Does SpeakerHub need batteries? A: No, but if battery back-up is desired for operation during power outages, you can put SpeakerHub and your internet/network equipment on a UPS
- Q: Is the Hub compatible with 5 GHz WiFi? A: No. Like most smart home devices, the Hub uses 2.4 GHz WiFi. Nearly all residential WiFi systems have the 2.4 GHz band. If you have questions about this, please use the contact form below, or email us at email@example.com. It is good to point out, 5 GHz should not be confused with "5G" phones or phone service. 5G refers to the Generation, while 5 GHz refers the the frequency of the WiFi band.
- Q: Can I make my own messages or do I have to choose from a library of messages A: You can create your own personalized messages!
- Q: Can I have SpeakerHub tell my kids to close the fridge door or the garage door? Or, the front door, or the cabinet doors? A: Yes, with one of our Garage Door Sensors on the garage door, or one of our Door Sensors on the other doors, yes, you can configure SpeakerHub to play a message if the door has been left open too soon.
- Q: Can I use SpeakerHub as an alarm clock? A: I suppose so. But unless you configure it to play a message ten minutes later, it does not have a snooze function (I use my snooze button about ten times).
- Q: I have a drawer in my nightstand, I use it to hide candy from my husband. Can I have SpeakerHub play a message like "Ah, ah, ah! Stay out of my candy drawer!" A: With one of our Vibration Sensors or Door Sensors, you can do this, but you should let your husband have some candy. That's not nice to hoard the candy.
"Great little device!"
January 8, 2022
I've been waiting for a company to develop this device for years now. Chamberlain and Guardline use beeps and little tunes to notify you, but if you have a bunch of sensors you still have to remember where those beeps and tunes are. The Yolink speaker lets you put in whatever custom announcement you want, motion detected at driveway, patio, garage door, wherever. I've so far got it announcing for several Yolink indoor and outdoor sensors, it can connect to all the Yolink sensors (as far as I know). Kudos to Yolink, those other companies missed the boat on this one!
"Everything you need just without Alexa!"
January 23, 2022
Working from home in the Medical field I can't have anyone listening in and that would include Alexa.
My wife is a terminal cancer patient and we started getting YoSmart products because they just work. And I have been very happy with the confidence that they work for me. This past summer I had gotten my wife a Key Fob that has buttons labeled 1-4 on it. One of the buttons is RED. She has an attached strap around her neck so if she goes outside and does not feel good and needs my help she presses her Red button and My phone goes off. Well one time I did not notice my phone's notification. To solve this I configured Alexa (down the hall from my home office) to go off if she was to push it in the future. This way if I did not notice the alert on my phone I would here Alexa go off and I would go Running. But I have moved my home office in the basement. And I can't have an Alexa with me. So the Solution? YoLink Speaker Hub to the rescue! That's right I have now configured it so when my wife presses her button not only does Alexa go off up stairs (if I am up their) but also the SpeakerHub (next to me in the basement) goes off and tells me "Emergency button pressed". And I can drop and run to find out what is going on. And HIPAA? No problem their is no mic on the SpeakerHub so no eves dropping! Thanks yet again YoSmart for another fantastic product.
One more thing. I know some have had issues getting the Speaker Hub to connect to 2.4Ghz wifi well this can be a challenge for any device like this and is why I did not dock the star rating. I have had connection issues with many different 2.4Ghz wifi home automation devices that this is not a new issue. How I did it (if you can) was to temporarily disable 5Ghz on your wireless router. Then connect the speaker hub, and turn back on 5Ghz mode that should do the trick if are able to on your Router. Once it is connected it just works!
" Much Needed Product for a Versatile System - Excellent for Multiple Use Scenarios"
February 16, 2022
The SpeakerHub announces when a sensor has been triggered. This has tremendous value when you are within hearing range of the hub and 1) cannot receive or see your phone for SMS or email notifications or 2) you are not a user of the YoLink App. For example, you have gate sensors on your property but it is night and your are asleep. The SpeakerHub would alert you to an intruder. It will speak the description of the sensor and optionally sound an alert tone. It can be repeated up to 3 times with a volume level you set. It can also be programmed to do this during a time window you set. Another occupant, e.g., your wife, a guest, your kids, etc., who don't have the App on their phone, would hear the alert. This could apply to a gate sensor or water leak sensor or any other YoSmart sensor.
I bought two if these for my home. I have one in my living room/kitchen area that is always enabled. The other is in my bedroom enabled on a schedule during sleeping hours.
I live on an acre with multiple entry gates. If someone is on my prop, especially during night hours, they are probably up to no good. I'd rather know before they can do harm.
BTW, to use two or more SpeakerHubs, you will need to program the "Automation" feature in the App. This is not difficult. YoSmart has a video tutorial for this. I recommend watching all the video tutorials that apply to you equipment and setting up everything in front of you before you install. Label the sensors so you can keep track of which is which.
YoSmart is the first company, after years of looking online, to offer an outdoor, waterproof, gate sensor with truly long-range wireless communication. Not only am I on 1 acre but my prop slopes downhill from my house. The gate sensors 150' away and down the hill communicate consistently with the YoLink Hub.
I use Energizer lithium batteries (2 AA) in the gate sensors because they don't leak and are much longer lasting than any alkaline AA battery.
The variety of sensors made by this company is extensive. Where I don't already have in-place sensors and Apps by other companies, I will now consolidate by using YoSmart sensors only. There are some YoSmart leak detection sensors in my future.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US