- Smart wireless outdoor motion detector, for security/intrusion detection, driveway alert, area/object protection and lighting control applications
PRODUCT IMAGES & PROMOTIONAL DOCUMENTS (7):
OUTDOOR MOTION SENSOR VIDEOS (3):
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Motion/movement, person or object detection
- Real-time motion status displayed on the YoLink app
- Wireless; no 120V outlet or wiring required
- Wall, pole or driveway installation
- IR infrared motion detection technology
- Three motion sensitivity levels
- Home security and burglar/intrusion detection as well as occupancy sensor applications for lighting and other 120V-powered equipment
- YoLink’s industry-leading long range communication and low-power operation
- Exceptional value; the features you need at a great price
- Add safety, security, and convenience to your life with lights that automatically turn on when you enter your home or a room
- The sensor may be used to turn off lights and devices or equipment when not needed, potentially lowering your power bill
- Lower cost of ownership than other technologies; low-power operation means batteries may last over 2 years, compared to 1 from other brands
- Carefree maintenance, with more years between battery replacement
- Low-battery alerts give you advanced warning that it is almost time to replace the batteries
- Extremely easy and fast installation using the YoLink app with Scan & Play
- Use the YoLink smartphone app to remotely monitor the real-time motion/movement activity status of your home or property
- Use app automation settings to respond to the presence of people in your home or property
- Security/intrusion detection applications may include activating a Siren Alarm and/or receiving an alert notification on your smartphone when the sensor is activated
- Driveway alert
- Property perimeter protection
- Area or object protection
- Exterior lighting, flood light, etcetera, activation
Main Controller: Semtech® LoRa® RF Module YL09 microcontroller with 32-Bit RISC processor
Motion-sensing area dimensions:
Optimal Mounting Height: 5-6.5 feet (Wall) or 0-30 feet (Drive Way)
Color: Dark Gray
IP Rating: IP67
Dimensions (LxWxH): 2.60 x 2.95 x 2.99 inches
Multi-color status LED (front)
SET button (front)
Power: 2 AA batteries (3V DC)
Operating Temperature Range: -4°F - 122°F (-20°C - 50°C)
- YoLink Hub with an internet connection (wired Ethernet or 2.4GHz Wi-Fi). Refer to the Hub user guide for additional information
- Smartphone or tablet running iOS 9 or higher, Android 4.4 or higher
- Tools Required: None
- Installation Difficulty Level: Super Easy
We want you to get the most out of your YoLink products! Customers that use our Motion Sensors for home security often do not think it can be used for lighting control, or vice versa, but you can use your Outdoor Motion Sensor for both! Consider one of our light switches, teamed up with your outdoor motion sensors, to turn on a patio or porch light, as you approach it. Hands-free and convenient! This is especially popular for garages and carports, and driveway and front sidewalk areas. Activate front door porch/step lights as well as floodlights.
If you've set up a motion sensor to turn on a light, you can arrange for the lights to turn automatically after a period without motion detection. Door sensors can also be used to determine if a light should turn on or off. For example, a door leading to the garage can have the garage lights turn on, then the motion sensor can turn them off after, for example, 10 minutes without motion being detected. This is extremely easy to set up in the app, as well as with IFTTT or Alexa or Google Assistant. In those cases, you can control non-YoLink lights, switches and plugs (as long as they have a "skill" or integration with IFTTT/Alexa/Google).
And, it is very easy to use your outdoor motion sensors for home security! Add one of our siren products, one of our hubs, and you have a basic security system. Add door sensors on exterior doors and windows, add an AlarmFob or FlexFob (to arm/disarm the system) and you have an easy to install and economical home security system!
Give it a try! Our customer support department is here to assist with any questions that come up!
Amazon Customer North Carolina Consumers Council
October 17, 2020
We have tested various devices for a few weeks. I have to say that we are very pleased.
The first thing we noticed when unpackaging was that everything seem to be designed and made with attention to detail and care. That was a little surprising for us. Many times you get cheap packaging and apps that look like they were created in a single afternoon. Not so in this case. We had to double check to verify that this is a start up company. By all outward indications, it feels like it’s a well polished company that has been in business for quite some time. All manuals and set up information is available online. Do not expect much in the box. We had a little difficulty finding the information we needed at first but we were grateful, and still are, for the fast response from the company.
Since we mentioned the company, we have to note that any kind of support request is answered promptly, even at odd hours of the night. That was surprising. But they have always been friendly and helpful, even when we should have checked product documentation first.
"This sensor has a range which is beyond imagination!"
Amazon Customer Capt Shadab
July 27, 2022
Well there have been so many sensors. So why buy yolink?
If you are thinking of this question then stop thinking and buy first and the read my review. I have been experimenting with smart home products since last 7 years when they were barely launched starting with smart bulbs and moving on to all different products and using Alexa to bind them and then comes these sensors.
Frankly I have wasted tons of money on contact and motion sensors. I have tried sensors linked to hubs via zigbee and zwave which have their own problems with regards to range and going offline etc etc
Then comes wifi sensors which require routers in every room and they have a significant lag ofcourse. And if your wifi is down then bye bye to them
Frankly I was so fed up I stopped using any sensors. Controlled everything with voice which works atleast 99% of time
And then I read about yolink. Their loran technology. I am from aviation and yes we have knowledge of long range technology and different wavelengths as such. So we'll it seemed interesting.
"Replacing my Z-wave motion sensors with these, which have much better range!"
Amazon Customer Lare
March 1, 2022
I've been in the process of replacing my old Z-wave motion sensors and wall switches with the YoLink sensors and switches. All have worked well and so easy to setup. I've installed 9 of the motion sensors and 10 of the wall switches with more additions soon. Also installed a couple of their garage door sensors. I tried to install one of the motion sensors in my mailbox which is 935' (285m) away from the hub. The hub was able to receive the signal from the sensor, but once I installed it inside the mailbox, it lost signal, most likely from the metal mailbox, a couple houses and some tree's that the signal has to go through. I was just amazed that it was able to pick up the signal at that distance. Very satisfied with the system and will be ordering door sensors next.
A few months later:
Added a YoLink Speaker Hub a while back to get better range and the mailbox sensor has been working great ever since. Alexa announces that I got mail and an office lamp turns on and changes color to green.
Works every time.
Amazon Customer Richard
July 23, 2022
Yolink products are the best. I never thought I would buy into a Hub system but that is exactly what makes this product work so well. Device to device paring is what makes there family of devices work so well even without internet or wifi access.