- Smart wireless motion detector, for security and lighting control applications
- START SMART! Avoid one more needless app on your phone when you choose YoLink over standalone “smart” devices. The growing family of YoLink products includes security, environment, power & lighting, smart locks, thermostats, sprinkler controllers and more!
- KEEP IT SIMPLE! (OR MAKE IT SOPHISTICATED) YoLink products are designed to be easy to install or set-up, and easy and convenient to use, for the technophile or technophobe alike! Be up and running in minutes sticking with default settings, or automate and innovate.
- INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH! YoLink is the only smart home manufacturer to utilize LoRa-based technology: previously reserved for industrial, commercial and municipal applications, now your smart home wireless coverage is complete and long-range, capable of up to a QUARTER MILE RANGE, open air, and penetrating masonry and even metal! Forget about WiFi woes and worries!
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Exceptional value; the features you need at a great price
- Add safety, security, and convenience to your life with lights that automatically turn on when you enter your home or a room
- Sensor may be used to turn off lights and devices or equipment when not needed, potentially lowering your power bill
- Lower cost of ownership than other technologies; low-power operation means batteries may last over 3 years, compared to 1 or 2 from other brands
- Carefree maintenance, with more years between battery replacement
- Low-battery alerts give you advanced warning that it is almost time to replace the batteries
- Uses standard alkaline batteries (2 AAA batteries); no Lithium or special batteries required
- Extremely easy and fast installation using the YoLink app with Scan & Play
- Use the YoLink smartphone app to remotely monitor the real-time motion/movement activity status of your home or property
- Use app automation settings to respond to the presence of people in your home or property
- Security/intrusion detection applications may include activating a Siren Alarm and/or receiving an alert notification on your smartphone when the sensor is activated
- Occupancy sensor or presence detection applications include the control of lighting, ceiling and exhaust fans, and other devices or equipment you wish to turn on when the room is occupied or turn off when not – turn bathroom lights off when not in use
- Semtech® LoRa® RF Module YL09 microcontroller with 32-Bit RISC processor
- Motion-sensing area dimensions:
- 360° coverage
- 120° side profile
- 6 – 20 feet detection range
- Suggested Mounting Height: 5′ (Wall) or 9-13′ (Ceiling)
- Color: White
- Dimensions: 2.44 inches wide x 1.1 inches high
- Multi-color status LED (front)
- SET button (rear)
- Power: 2 AAA batteries (3V DC)
- Operating Temperature Range: 32°F – 122°F (0°C – 50°C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 0 – 95% non-condensing
- Intended for indoor use only
- YoLink Hub with an internet connection (wired Ethernet or 2.4GHz Wi-Fi). Or SpeakerHub with a WiFi connection. Refer to the applicable user guide for additional information
- Smartphone or tablet running iOS 9 or higher, Android 4.4 or higher
- Tools Required: None
- Installation Difficulty Level: Super Easy
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?:
- (1) YoLink Motion Sensor (batteries included)
- (1) Mounting plate with 3M™ brand double-sided mounting tape
- (1) Quick Start Guide
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER:
FAQ / FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: What happens if time to enter no motion state is disabled? It will just stay motion detected the whole time?
A: Time to enter no-motion state is only a minimum amount of time the motion must NOT see motion before it can report no-motion. If disabled, the motion sensor will report no-motion immediately after no longer detecting motion.
Q: Can you paint over it?
A: Yes, but please use a plastic-friendly paint, and first mask off the sensor window, of course.
"This sensor has a range which is beyond imagination!"
July 27, 2022
Well there have been so many sensors. So why buy yolink?
If you are thinking of this question then stop thinking and buy first and the read my review. I have been experimenting with smart home products since last 7 years when they were barely launched starting with smart bulbs and moving on to all different products and using Alexa to bind them and then comes these sensors.
Frankly I have wasted tons of money on contact and motion sensors. I have tried sensors linked to hubs via zigbee and zwave which have their own problems with regards to range and going offline etc etc
Then comes wifi sensors which require routers in every room and they have a significant lag ofcourse. And if your wifi is down then bye bye to them
Frankly I was so fed up I stopped using any sensors. Controlled everything with voice which works atleast 99% of time
And then I read about yolink. Their loran technology. I am from aviation and yes we have knowledge of long range technology and different wavelengths as such. So we'll it seemed interesting.
But I had wasted enough money and now I cannot trust anyone unless I try my hands on. For a change just ordered 2 motion sensors and one hub just to experiment knowing I will lose my money again
I stay in part of world where we use brick and concrete walls where even drill machines give up, forget any sensors. And when nothing works it's YOLINK which works.
And they were flawless. I did a stress test. Kept their hub in living room and I installed motion sensors in bathroom which are inside my bedroom. There are like quite a few walls and doors between hub and sensors.
And oh my god they just work instant. Like super instant. They are truly truly SUPER LONG RANGE
So they can pass through walls concrete bricks doors and what all and still respond instant
Best thing each set up literally takes 20 secs flat. I bet not more than 20 secs ever. I was so happy I order so many more sensors.
As of now I have 12 window door sensors, 5 motion sensors, key fob and their speaker hub. To set all these sensors over all it took me like less than 5 mins. Such straight forward pairing and app is straightforward.
Also do register for their newsletter as I ended up getting 20% coupons which saved quite an amount.
Overall I feel nothing can beat these sensors ever in terms of simplicity reliability and range which is my fav as its superrrr looong range. Hats off for such wonderful products and technology.
North Carolina Consumers Council
October 17, 2020
We have tested various devices for a few weeks. I have to say that we are very pleased.
The first thing we noticed when unpackaging was that everything seem to be designed and made with attention to detail and care. That was a little surprising for us. Many times you get cheap packaging and apps that look like they were created in a single afternoon. Not so in this case. We had to double check to verify that this is a start up company. By all outward indications, it feels like it’s a well polished company that has been in business for quite some time. All manuals and set up information is available online. Do not expect much in the box. We had a little difficulty finding the information we needed at first but we were grateful, and still are, for the fast response from the company.
Since we mentioned the company, we have to note that any kind of support request is answered promptly, even at odd hours of the night. That was surprising. But they have always been friendly and helpful, even when we should have checked product documentation first.
The initial set up was a little challenging with Wi-Fi. But that is not due to product limitations. It is due to limitations on the wireless routers we used. The wireless routers we used did not allow us to separate the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks. This system uses the 2.4 GHz network, which is needed in order to have the range. In the end, which simply hooked up the network hub to the router using the provided ethernet cable. Everything has been pretty much smooth sailing. Again. The system requires a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network. If you have trouble getting it to connect wirelessly, the issue is almost certainly your wireless router failing to separate the two networks or failing to allow the device onto the 2.4 GHz only. It’s not a product limitation or defect. Our recommendation is just to hook it up with the ethernet cable since the range is very long, anyway.
Before using the system, we recommend updating the firmware on all devices manually. Depending upon how long it has been sitting in the Amazon warehouse, you may have an older version of firmware and might experience a few bugs. That was our case. We had a few problems with erroneous notifications that were rectified as soon as the firmware updated. The update, you find the firmware version in the device and tap it. The firmware does update automatically. But if it’s your first time setting up, it’s good to manually update the devices. We would love to see a way in the app to review the firmware status of all devices on one screen and manually trigger a firmware update for all devices from that same screen with a single click. But this is merely a want, not a flaw.
Do not forget to edit the alarm strategy before you start using the system. It appears to default in the app to multiple strategies, which can mean getting an app notification, an email notification, and or text message notification each time something is opened or motion is detected. That might be something to look into on the app development side as far as prompting you during set up to choose your desired preferences.
We have had no difficulties with the devices maintaining contact with the network hub. The network hub has reported itself going offline once or twice overnight, but this appears to be momentary and related to a firmware update automatically applying and automatically rebooting the device.
Battery life so far appears to be really good.
We are surprised by the quality of the 3M self adhesive tape on each one. There is no alcohol wipes provided, but we used simple rubbing alcohol and a cloth to clean the surfaces prior to sticking the devices on. You can do similar or just make sure that it’s really clean. As a test, we applied some of the devices to a surface that was not prepared/cleaned ahead of time. those devices have no problem sticking to the surface and have not fallen down. They appear to be well secured when we try to tug on them.
We would love to see the adhesive strips offered as a replacement item for purchase. We can see down the road people moving devices around, say if they’ve changed their minds about location or if they move. We had also thought about having an extra mount for the motion sensor so we could move the motion sensor between different locations at different times. This was because we were only able to buy a limited quantity due to inventory at that time. But that is something that others might be interested in purchasing at a later date.
The motion sensors have been updated to include sensitivity adjustment. They can be pretty sensitive, detecting slight movement even in the dark. We have no complaints. The range and spread appear to be great.
The door/window sensor performs equally well. it can be mounted in virtually any orientation and still function so long as the sensor portion of each piece is within about 1/2 of an inch to the other. so you could even mount one of them at a 90° angle to the other. So long as they are within that distance to each other, they still function perfectly. We found this to be necessary with one door where we had a proper clearance on the door but did not have proper clearance on the frame.
The products integrate seamlessly with IFTTT.
We would love if the temperature/humidity sensor had the option to show more frequently than one hour on the history graph in the app. But the graph is clean, uncluttered and easy to read.
We will soon be testing additional products. We are adding additional door sensors and motion sensors to the system, which will then have approximately 20 devices connected. We are also going to be testing for the first time the garage door motion sensor (ordered). We were originally going to test the motion sensor/ garage door opener combo, but none of the garage door openers we have available appear to be compatible. Afterwards, we will test additional devices on our “wish list.“
We have found zero indication of user data tracking, analytics tracking, or communication with ad servers on the app. It really does appear to be simply designed to do what it is supposed to do and nothing more. It’s refreshing.
So to summarize, we can’t really find anything wrong. We have struggled to find anything to critique with the devices or the app. Everything works as intended and we are extremely pleased
" Replacing my Z-wave motion sensors with these, which have much better range."
March 1, 2022
I've been in the process of replacing my old Z-wave motion sensors and wall switches with the YoLink sensors and switches. All have worked well and so easy to setup. I've installed 9 of the motion sensors and 10 of the wall switches with more additions soon. Also installed a couple of their garage door sensors. I tried to install one of the motion sensors in my mailbox which is 935' (285m) away from the hub. The hub was able to receive the signal from the sensor, but once I installed it inside the mailbox, it lost signal, most likely from the metal mailbox, a couple houses and some tree's that the signal has to go through. I was just amazed that it was able to pick up the signal at that distance. Very satisfied with the system and will be ordering door sensors next.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US