- Smart outdoor thermometer and hygrometer monitors, records, and reports to the YoLink app the current temperature and humidity level
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Designed for outdoor use, suitable for indoor use
- Portable; may be placed anywhere in your home or wall-mounted
- Temperature and humidity displayed on the YoLink app
- Designed with home and light commercial applications in mind, precision components are utilized, to provide the accuracy you demand. Temperature accuracy of ±0.54° F and humidity accuracy of ±3% RH
- Extended operating range of -22° to 158°
- Self-calibration available via the YoLink app
- High-temperature/low-temperature alerts
- Historical temperature and humidity graphs displayed in hourly and daily figures
- Wireless operation; no 120V outlet or wiring required
- Battery-powered (two Lithium AAA batteries, included)
- 2 or more years of battery life, compared to 1 year for other brands
- IFTTT & Alexa Integration: trigger IFTTT applets based on high or low temperature set points reached (when device alerts). Voice query Alexa for the temperature (only; humidity not supported at this time). Triggering Alexa routines is not supported at this time. YoLink's industry-leading long range communication and low-power operation
- Home Assistant integration
- Use the YoLink smartphone app to remotely monitor the temperature and humidity of your home, rental property, condo, summer home, or business (internet connection and YoLink Hub required)
- YoLink’s industry-leading long range communication allows for placing the sensor in your out-buildings, separate garage building, barns, greenhouse, etc.
- Place one in each room your wish to keep an eye on the temperature and humidity.
- Place the sensor in a basement or other area subject to mold and mildew growth due to high humidity levels. Identify problem areas before expensive repairs are required
- Use the sensor and app automation features to automatically turn on the exhaust fan in your bathroom during hot showers and baths
- Use the sensor and app automation features to automatically turn a humidifier or dehumidifier on or off based on sensor levels
- Monitor your cigar humidor, wine cellar, or any other temperature- and/or humidity-sensitive item or area
- Place inside a refrigerator or freezer, to prevent the loss of expensive refrigerated and frozen foods due to equipment failure or power loss
- Monitor the temperature of rooms or buildings without temperature control, for example, receive a low-temp alert before water pipes freeze
- There are numerous pet care applications:
- For reptile tanks (turn on a heat lamp if the temperature gets too low, or turn off the lamp if it gets too hot)
- Place one an outdoor dog house, to know if it’s too cold for them
- Place in a barn, to ensure your horses or livestock are comfortable and safe
- Receive alerts if sensor levels fall outside of your customized ranges
- Semtech® LoRa® RF Module YL09 microcontroller with 32-Bit RISC processor
- Color: White
- Dimensions (L x W x D): 2.44 x 2.44 x 0.87 inches (62 x 62 x 22 mm)
- Multi-color status LED (underside)
- SET button (underside)
- Power: 2 lithium AAA batteries (3V DC) (Included)
Operating Temperature Range: -22°F - 158°F (-30°C - 70°C)
Operating Humidity Range: ≤95% (non-condensing)
- YoLink Hub or SpeakerHub (audio, talking hub) with an internet connection (wired Ethernet or 2.4GHz Wi-Fi). Refer to the hub user guide for additional information
- Smartphone or tablet running iOS 9 or higher, Android 4.4 or higher
- Tools Required: None (Unless wall-mounting, optional)
- Installation Difficulty Level: Super Easy
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?:
(1) YoLink Outdoor Temperature & Humidity Sensor (batteries included)
(1) Quick Start Guide
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER:
FAQ / FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: How often does the sensor check the temp and humidity for automation? Is the sensor only checked after a certain number of minutes?
A: The sensor updates the app each hour, minimum, but also updates if any of the following occur:
At least 0.9 F degree change over a period longer than 1 minute
At least 3.6 F degree change within 1 minute
At least 5% humidity changes over a period longer than 1 minute
The device reaches a pre-set high or low alert level (set by the user)
Or the SET button on the device has been pressed.
Q: Is there an Alexa command that will read out the temperature?
A: Yes, you can query Alexa. If your sensor name is ATTIC TEMP HUMIDITY, as it is in my own home, you can say "Alexa, what is the temperature of the attic temp humidity sensor?" And Alexa will return with "The attic temp humidity sensor temperature is 111 degrees."
Q: I see the YoLink hub is required for all smart features. Is there an alternate way to just connect wifi and monitor from ios without the hub?
A: No, YoLink hub is required. YoLink smart devices use a special wireless technology based on LoRa, which can offer extreme long range (1000 feet compared to 100 for WiFi, outdoors, line-of-sight) and superior obstruction penetration including concrete and metal, but they do not use your WiFi. They need to wirelessly connect to one of our hubs.
" Great Range! Flawless!"
December 13, 2021
We have the hub two floors up in the attic attached via a switch to my Eero mesh system. Binding the sensor to my hub was so effortless that, I didn’t think it worked.
The sensor is located inside our backyard solar wood kiln way, WAY, WAAAY out of our wifi range.
After installation, it is rock solid. The Lo-Ra tech is the real deal. It works flawlessly.
I use it to check the temperatures and humidity inside the kiln. I know that the solar kiln’s high summer temperature is about 220 degrees. I’ll remove it from the kiln before those temperatures are common.
I had one small issue -
I wanted to change the Alert Strategy and change the Temperature range. No matter what I did the adjustment didn’t “stick.”
I eventually clicked the small checkmark in the upper right corner (see picture).
The setting saved and the temperature sensor now works as I wanted. Perhaps that save functionality could be a little clearer?
I’m very happy with the sensor. This is my second Yolink product and I will be buying more of the Yolink product line.
"Great heat sensor with the ability to interact with other devices!"
July 6, 2021
I purchased this heat sensor for my generator enclosure. I have heard horror stories about people's (including my neighbor generator) generators over heating and stop working due to the cooling/exhaust fan stopping working. The enclosure just requires a single cooling/exhaust fan. I had two installed. They both do not run at the same time. One is for a backup. Using this sensor, it monitors the temperature in the enclosure. If it start over heating (user adjustable). I get notified a high temperature warning for my generator enclosure on my phone. At the same time, the second/backup fan is automatically turn on. So I do not need to do anything. Please note that go be notified and for any type of automation, the Yolink hub is required.
The pros of Yolink and their devices. 1) Easy setup, using the app, scan the QR code on the device and it is added. You can change the name of the device if needed (highly recommend) 2) The great customer service. Regardless if it is a question, issue (have not had any so far) or even a suggestion, a REAL, living/breathing person will respond to you. 3) The large variety of devices and sensors they offer. 4) The ability of the devices and sensors to interact with each other via the hub and with Alexa and the devices linked to Alexa, again via the Yolink hub.
As far as any Cons: I have not found any yet
January 5th, 2022
I purchased this to throw in my chest freezer in my basement to warn me if I had a failure. Super easy to add to my YoLink hub. Easy to set alarm limits. I can't testify to its absolute accuracy... it says my freezer is below freezing, and all my food is still frozen, so its good enough for me. The pre-installed battery did drop to half power within 3 days of activating, so I was concerned that it might chew up batteries, but it seems to have leveled off, and hasn't moved in a month. So far, I've been impressed with this unit, as well as the security sensors I have on my door and windows. I'll be adding at least one more of these, along with a smart plug to turn a space heater on and off in my camper soon!
EDIT: I've since purchased a second freezer, and a second YoLink sensor to put inside. The battery level dropped within a day to half, just like the first one. The battery level on my first sensor hasn't moved since January, so I'm assuming its just because the batteries are frozen that they appear to be half charged. I can't say enough about the YoLink products (temp sensors, and door/window sensors) I've purchased so far! I'll be adding more in the future.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US