- Smart outdoor thermometer and hygrometer monitors, records, and reports to the YoLink app the current temperature and humidity level
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Exceptional value; accurate outdoor temperature & humidity sensor in one smart device at a great price
- Works with the convenient and user-friendly YoLink app
- Extremely easy and fast installation using the YoLink app with Scan & Play
- Wireless operation; no 120V outlet or wiring required
- YoLink's industry-leading long range communication and low-power operation
- Know the current temperature level at the sensor’s location. Check remotely using the YoLink app, anytime and from anywhere
- Create customized alerts, to be informed of high- or low-temperature or humidity levels via emails or app push notifications
- Create custom automation using the YoLink app, to trigger responses from other YoLink devices, such as the Siren Alarm or the SpeakerHub, our audio, talking and sound/tone-playing hub
- Compact design allows for placing the sensor where others may not fit
- Easy to install and portable; move to other locations as needed
- Lower cost of ownership than other technologies; low-power operation means batteries may last over 2 years, compared to 1 or less from other brands
- Uses standard AAA lithium batteries, included
- Designed for outdoor use, suitable for indoor use
- Portable; may be placed anywhere in your home or wall-mounted
- Temperature and humidity displayed on the YoLink app
- Designed with home and light commercial applications in mind, precision components are utilized, to provide the accuracy you demand. Temperature accuracy of ±0.54° F and humidity accuracy of ±3% RH
- Extended sensor operating range of -22° to 158° F
- Alert range of -22° to 221°F
- Self-calibration available via the YoLink app
- High-temperature/low-temperature alerts
- Historical temperature and humidity graphs displayed in hourly, daily, weekly and monthly figures
- IFTTT Integration: Use the IFTTT service (www.ifttt.com) to create custom automation with YoLink and third-party devices, tailored to your particular needs and your IoT devices. Trigger IFTTT applets based on high or low temperature or humidity set points reached (when the device alerts; when it detects a high or low temperature or humidity level, per your pre-set parameters). Please note: IFTTT is a subscription-based service, with only three free automations.
- Alexa Integration: Voice query Alexa for the temperature (only; humidity not supported at this time). Triggering Alexa routines is not supported at this time.
- Home Assistant integration: automate and integrate, using the Home Assistant automation platform
- Use the YoLink smartphone app to remotely monitor the temperature and humidity of your home, rental property, condo, summer home, or business (internet connection and YoLink Hub required)
- YoLink’s industry-leading long range communication allows for placing the sensor in your out-buildings, separate garage building, barns, greenhouse, etc.
- Place one in each room your wish to keep an eye on the temperature and humidity.
- Place the sensor in a basement or other area subject to mold and mildew growth due to high humidity levels. Identify problem areas before expensive repairs are required
- Use the sensor and app automation features to automatically turn on the exhaust fan in your bathroom during hot showers and baths
- Use the sensor and app automation features to automatically turn a humidifier or dehumidifier on or off based on sensor levels
- Monitor your cigar humidor, wine cellar, or any other temperature- and/or humidity-sensitive item or area
- Place inside a refrigerator or freezer, to prevent the loss of expensive refrigerated and frozen foods due to equipment failure or power loss
- Monitor the temperature of rooms or buildings without temperature control, for example, receive a low-temp alert before water pipes freeze
- There are numerous pet care applications:
- For reptile tanks (turn on a heat lamp if the temperature gets too low, or turn off the lamp if it gets too hot)
- Place one an outdoor dog house, to know if it’s too cold for them
- Place in a barn, to ensure your horses or livestock are comfortable and safe
- Receive alerts if sensor levels fall outside of your customized ranges
- Semtech® LoRa® RF Module YL09 microcontroller with 32-Bit RISC processor
- Color: White
- Alert Temperature Range: -22°F – 221°F (-30°C – 105°C)
- IP Rating: IP67 Waterproof
- Multi-color status LED (rear)
- SET button (rear)
- Power: 2 Lithium Non-Rechargeable AAA batteries (3V DC)
- Current Draw: ≤ 135mA (operating), ≤ 5uA (standby)
- Sensor Body (L x W x D): 2.44 x 2.44 x 0.87 inches (62 x 62 x 22 mm)
- Operating Temperature Range:
- Sensor Body: -22°F – 158°F (-30°C – 70°C)
- Operating Humidity Range:
- Sensor Body: ≤95% (non-condensing)
- YoLink Hub or SpeakerHub (audio, talking hub) with an internet connection (wired Ethernet or 2.4GHz Wi-Fi). Refer to the hub user guide for additional information
- Smartphone or tablet running iOS 9 or higher, Android 4.4 or higher
- Tools Required: None
- Installation Difficulty Level: Super Easy
Q: How often does the sensor check the temp for automation? Is the sensor only checked after a certain number of minutes?
A: The sensor updates the app each hour, minimum, but also updates if any of the following occur:
At least 0.9 F degree change over a period longer than 1 minute
At least 3.6 F degree change within 1 minute
At least 5% humidity changes over a period longer than 1 minute
The device reaches a pre-set high or low alert level (set by the user)
Or the SET button on the device has been pressed.
Q: Is there an Alexa command that will read out the temperature?
A: Yes, you can query Alexa. If your sensor name is ATTIC TEMP HUMIDITY, as it is in my own home, you can say "Alexa, what is the temperature of the attic temp humidity sensor?" And Alexa will return with "The attic temp humidity sensor temperature is 111 degrees."
Q: I see the YoLink hub is required for all smart features. Is there an alternate way to just connect wifi and monitor from ios without the hub?
A: No, YoLink hub is required. YoLink smart devices use a special wireless technology based on LoRa, which can offer extreme long range (1000 feet compared to 100 for WiFi, outdoors, line-of-sight) and superior obstruction penetration including concrete and metal, but they do not use your WiFi. They need to wirelessly connect to one of our hubs.
" Great solution to monitor the temperature of my swimming pool!"
August 9, 2021
I wanted some way to check my swimming pool temperature easily, without going into the burning Vegas sun during the day, and this is it! I have had the Yolink water leak sensors for a few months now and was super impressed with them, in particular the long battery life and very long range. I knew that any Bluetooth or WiFi device would probably be unreliable with the extra distance from pool to the house, not to mention the pool being at ground level. So I had been waiting for Yolink to release this device, I'd seen it coming soon on there website. I knew that the Yolink LoRa technology would work well for this outdoor device and sure enough it does. One thing I've noticed is that it appears to only take a reading once an hour. Swimming pools take a long time to heat or cool so for my application at least, it's not really an issue. But maybe that's something they'll make configurable in the future with a software update. I also like that it charts temperatures over time so you can see the history. You can even download all the readings as a csv file. Data nerds rejoice!
"Great heat sensor with the ability to interact with other devices!"
July 6, 2021
I purchased this heat sensor for my generator enclosure. I have heard horror stories about people's (including my neighbor generator) generators over heating and stop working due to the cooling/exhaust fan stopping working. The enclosure just requires a single cooling/exhaust fan. I had two installed. They both do not run at the same time. One is for a backup. Using this sensor, it monitors the temperature in the enclosure. If it start over heating (user adjustable). I get notified a high temperature warning for my generator enclosure on my phone. At the same time, the second/backup fan is automatically turn on. So I do not need to do anything. Please note that go be notified and for any type of automation, the Yolink hub is required.
The pros of Yolink and their devices. 1) Easy setup, using the app, scan the QR code on the device and it is added. You can change the name of the device if needed (highly recommend) 2) The great customer service. Regardless if it is a question, issue (have not had any so far) or even a suggestion, a REAL, living/breathing person will respond to you. 3) The large variety of devices and sensors they offer. 4) The ability of the devices and sensors to interact with each other via the hub and with Alexa and the devices linked to Alexa, again via the Yolink hub.
As far as any Cons: I have not found any yet
January 5th, 2022
I purchased this to throw in my chest freezer in my basement to warn me if I had a failure. Super easy to add to my YoLink hub. Easy to set alarm limits. I can't testify to its absolute accuracy... it says my freezer is below freezing, and all my food is still frozen, so its good enough for me. The pre-installed battery did drop to half power within 3 days of activating, so I was concerned that it might chew up batteries, but it seems to have leveled off, and hasn't moved in a month. So far, I've been impressed with this unit, as well as the security sensors I have on my door and windows. I'll be adding at least one more of these, along with a smart plug to turn a space heater on and off in my camper soon!
EDIT: I've since purchased a second freezer, and a second YoLink sensor to put inside. The battery level dropped within a day to half, just like the first one. The battery level on my first sensor hasn't moved since January, so I'm assuming its just because the batteries are frozen that they appear to be half charged. I can't say enough about the YoLink products (temp sensors, and door/window sensors) I've purchased so far! I'll be adding more in the future.