- The Hub connects your YoLink devices to the Internet and to the user-friendly YoLink app
- The YoLink Hub is the gateway to the internet for your YoLink devices and is required for full functionality, including the app (some functionality is available using Control-D2D pairing, but we recommend all YoLink devices have a connection to a YoLink hub at all times, if possible)
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Very easy plug & play initial set-up – no special network or computer knowledge required. Simply plug the included Ethernet patch cord into an available working network port on your router (suggested) or use a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connection and be up and running in moments
- While many smart home devices rely on the home Wi-Fi system and may crowd your network or harm your Wi-Fi performance, the YoLink devices communicate with the Hub via the proprietary YoLink Protocol at the 923.3 MHz frequency (only your Hub connects to the Wi-Fi/network and Internet)
- Homes with devices on Wi-Fi, or other protocols, with access to the Internet, are each, individual, potential safety, privacy, and security risks. Acting as the internet gateway the YoLink Hub connects your YoLink devices to the internet via one encrypted connection, providing safety and security for your network and home
- Use the YoLink Hub to provide an internet connection to your YoLink devices. This can be in your home, business, boat or RV or other location where you use your YoLink devices.
- Semtech® LoRa® RF Module YL09 microcontroller with 32-Bit RISC processor
- Frequency, LoRa: 923.3 MHz
- Frequency, Wi-Fi: 2412 – 2462 MHz
- Color: White
- Dimensions [L x W x D]: 4.33 x 4.33 x 1.06 inches (110 x 110 x 27 mm)
- Status LEDs (Top):
- Green power indicator
- Red feature indicator
- Blue Internet indicator
- Ethernet Status Indicators (Rear)
- Green network speed indicator
- Yellow network speed indicator
- Set button (Rear)
- Network connector: RJ45
- Power connector: Micro-USB B
- Power: 5 Volts DC
- Operating Temperature Range: -4°F – 104°F (-20°C – 50°C)
- Operating Humidity Range: ≤ 90% non-condensing
- Intended for indoor use only
- Router with 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
- Or router with an available Ethernet port (patch cord is included)
- Smartphone or tablet running iOS 9 or higher, Android 4.4 or higher
- Tools Required: None (Hub may optionally be wall-mounted. Refer to the Installation & User Guide for more information)
- Installation Difficulty Level: Moderately Easy
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?:
- (1) YoLink Hub
- (1) USB cable
- (1) Ethernet patch cable
- (1) AC/DC plug-in power supply
- (1) Quick start guide
The YoLink Hub is available in these starter kits:
FAQ / FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q: How many devices can the Hub support? A: Your Hub can easily support 200 devices. You can always add more SpeakerHubs.
- Q: Is the Hub compatible with the SpeakerHub? A: Yes, you can mix and match.
- Q: Does the Hub need batteries? A: No, but if battery back-up is desired for operation during power outages, you can put the Hub and your internet/network equipment on a UPS
- Q: Is the Hub compatible with 5 GHz WiFi? A: No. Like most smart home devices, the Hub uses 2.4 GHz WiFi. Nearly all residential WiFi systems have the 2.4 GHz band. If you have questions about this, please use the contact form below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is good to point out, 5 GHz should not be confused with "5G" phones or phone service. 5G refers to the Generation, while 5 GHz refers the the frequency of the WiFi band.
" Reasonably priced quality products with simple setup!"
June 26, 2021
Excellent build quality at a reasonable price and very easy to set up. The only criticism I have is about the mounting tape. It works too well as I found out when I removed the finger to slightly adjust its' position and it took the paint off right along with it. Not to worry though. It was on a garage wall. I did however use a double sided clear tape that can be removed easily to mount the other devices. A warning about the extreme grip of the included tape might be in order.
All the devices I have purchased have performed flawlessly.
YoLink first came to my attention when I watched Brian Reid of Automate Your Life review YoLink products, I had been struggling with Smartthings and YoLink is the perfect replacement for my uses. The ease of use and setup allows people with marginal technical skills to begin automating their homes. Home automation will only take off when it becomes as easy as plugging in a new TV set. YoLink has taken a giant stride in that direction. I have contact sensors on outside doors, on a freezer door, motion sensor controlled lights in one room so far and a temperature and humidity monitor mounted in a protected spot on a covered patio. I also use a YoLink Finger to control my garage door. Changes in the state of these devices are announced on an Echo Show 8. I'm sure there will be many more YoLink products added soon.
Another small mention. I noticed in several reviews on Amazon that people reported trouble scanning the QR codes. I had the same problem but discovered that the problem was that the place I was trying to do the scan, directly under a smart bulb set at 80% brightness, was too brightly lit. The problem was likely not the QR code but the camera on my cell phone. Moving to a room with only daylight filtered through a curtain cured the problem. The scan was instantaneous under those lighting conditions.
"LoRa smart home hub better than WiFi or Bluetooth!"
January 19, 2020
This hub was extremely easy to set up and connect to the app. It’s a bit smaller than a Smartthings hub (see pic) for reference. I like the variety of devices that I can connect to this and they’ll go longer range than Bluetooth or Wi-Fi because it uses LoRa. I ordered the door sensor and connected it to my garage which is detached and down an alley from my condo. Looking forward to replacing some of my other smart homes devices with these LoRa based sensors. Great value and cool technology!
May 20, 2021
This had to be and remains for several months now one of the best technology solutions out there. Was so incredible easy to set up. Even prompted me after several days of using it through wifi, that maybe hard-wired Ethernet was a better option. I agreed, and while I had zero issues with wifi (we have great wifi), the technologist designing this system knew that hard-wired is always better and they didn't take any chances. I loved this solution and the devices you could connect so much, I ended up getting a remote temperature device just to set up in our bedroom. That way I could do routines to make sure the bedroom was at our favorite sleeping temperature. Another note, we live in a three story townhouse in the middle of the city with lots of ghz of interference. We have yet to have any issues with YoLink hub on the middle floor and sensors on the first and third. Really incredible technology!
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US